Thursday, 14 January 2010

That Really - really really stinks to high heaven!

This is the e-mail I wrote USCIS this morning:



Ms. M.,
we have been informed by our adoption agency that USCIS in Addis Abeba does not have current fingerprint cards. We are working on getting new fingerprints made this morning if they are needed. Please check your records to see if you have a non expired set of fingerprints for us on file. We are flying to Addis Abeba in 19 days to pickup our newest addition.
Please inform us of the quickest way to rectify this situation. We can DHL the fingerprint cards to your office today.
Can you please help. Thank you.



This is the e-mail we received from USCIS Frankfurt this morning:


Hello,

Your prints will expire on 01/16/2010.

Please send 2 sets of new prints to
USCIS

Attn. T.

Giessener Str. 30

60435 Frankfurt

I cannot give you a guarantee that the results will be there on time.

I will send them off to the FBI in the US , the day I get them but they need some time for clearance as well.

Best regards

T.


Looks like we're going to travel LATER then expected. NO WAY the FBI will receive our Fingerprints, check on them and clear them in 18 days - 10 of them only are working days. Oh, and calculate the time in on where the prints need to travel to the states and then Ethiopia. Have I mentioned that I'm super mad today!!!!!! Hubby is getting in touch with congressman and who knows who else today. That is a huge mess.

Ok, here is the other deal. We went to the fingerprint office today and I asked them when we had our last set done (fingerprints are good for 15 months). That gentleman at the office said, they were done mid -NOVEMBER 2008. According to my calculation mid- November 2008 - to January 2010 makes 13 months, maybe even 14, BUT we should be good at least until mid/ end February - another month.

On our immigration approval (I 171H) it even states our prints are good until later on this year ( completely different date again).
Thank you USCIS for being once again so faithful and once more be a huge stumbling block in our adoption journey.

Keep us in prayer.

1 comment:

Sandra & Steve said...

Insane that they are wrong all the way down the line, your fingerprints should be good to Feb, your expiration date on your 171H wrong, their date that they're already expired wrong, I do hope that 3 wrongs can shame them into making one right come out of all this, though my guess is you will need help from your Congressman! Good luck!