Wednesday, 28 October 2009

A New Kind of Waiting (Week 68), ONE week Post-Referral

It has been ONE week ever since we saw our daughters precious and beautiful little face. Have I mentioned she's beautiful???

So what's next??

-First, we need to pre-visit, which is going to happen in exactly 9 days!! Our flights are booked and we're awaiting confirmation from our agency if we can stay at the orphanages guesthouse, or if we need to book a hotel.

-All of our papers need to be translated and submitted to court.

-We need to pass court.

-We're awaiting the US Embassy and Immigration appointment in Addis.

-We fly to pick her up, or Jesse, I may not go the second time around. First of all it's very costly and second of all, it's hard to find sitters for 5 children.

-The estimated time frame from referral to pick up is 2-5 months. If things go smooth, we may be able to pick her up in January, but also need to be ready to have to wait as long as February/March.



As far as our babies age, we still don't know whether her birth certificate will say January or March, as for now we have two birth dates, lol.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

So excited for you!!

Sandra & Steve said...

Love all the details, nine days until you hold her, oh my!

KB said...

ok, so since this is a private blog, WE ALL WANT TO SEE HER BEAUTIFUL FACE!! Congrats!

Kristy

Mel said...

Kristy,

trust me, I want to post her most beautiful little face, but Ethiopia has very strict requirements about posting pictures, (even on private blogs, FB, etc) or any identifying information about the child (given name, status, birth date etc).

So so sorry. As soon as we passed court I will post pictures right away. Usually people pass court 2-3 months post referral.., sigh, I know.

MommaT said...

Was hoping we would all get updated picc of our kids before the weekend, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen..bummer. Oh well at least one us gets to see our baby soon! I am so excited for you!!

Ruth said...

So happy for you! Was going to request pics also, but I see your comment above. Will just have to wait, sigh...

MommaT said...

Oh only 3 more days...take me with you!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Ang said...

Mel~

Wow. I can't even imagine being able to go. What an awesome blessing. Love on all the children you see, perhaps two of them will be ours :-)

Ang

Ang said...

Forgot to add...both of childrens' middle names mean "God is gracious"...for He indeed is more gracious than I could ever imagine.

Angie

Jennifer Cheer said...

ok....need an update:) I am dying to hear how things are going.