Let me start with 7 p.m., my hubby came home late, he had a meeting and we had super late dinner that evening. We also had our truck in the garage this morning and got bad news that so many little things needed to be fixed. Benaiah got sick and started throwing up all over the place. By 8:30 we had everything cleaned up and the children were in bed. Honestly, it was one of those few nights, were i was NOT thinking about a referral.
At around 8:45ish Jesse started to make some phone calls to the states to have some car parts ordered and shipped to us overseas. Not to many dealerships send APO so he was on the phone quite some time, leaving numbers with various people so they could call us back once they found out about whether they have that certain part and are willing to ship APO. In the meantime I chatted with an old friend on Facebook, making fun of her home state (in a loving way, of course. She's from the boondocks and we talked about 4-wheeling, chasing squirrels, lol)
Jesse did calls from about 8:45 p.m. til 9:30 p.m. and for one slight moment I had that sarcastic little thought "Well I hope no adoption agency is trying to call us tonight, hubby keeping the phone busy half the night"
At little past 9:30 p.m., Jesse has just left the room, the phone rang and stated "Out of Area Call". I was for certain it was one of the people calling us back for car parts.
I picked up.
"Hello this is Tammy"
"Oh Hi Tammy, how are you?" (still thinking car here)
"This is Tammy from ****Adoptions"
"Oh, hi Tammy, nice to hear from you." AT THIS MOMENT I THINK NEWSLETTER, SINCE TAMMY WAS THE LADY WE HAD CONVERSATIONS WITH OVER THE NEWS LETTER THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLISHED LAST MONTH (SEE ENTRIES OCTOBER 1st and 7th )
"There's something I need to talk to you about today."
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT, I'M STILL THINKING NEWSLETTER, IT HAS NOT CROSSED MY MIND IT MAY BE OUR REFERRAL
Wait a minute..........

"Tammy, do you have good news for us?", I asked her.
"Yes, I sure do."
"Are you sure?" I asked
"Very sure!" (she giggled)
"Is this our referral?"
"It sure is."
"No way, oh my gosh..........."
(this is where my IQ dropped to 50 or lower and I could not get one straight thought)
At that moment Jesse walked back in and looked at me little bit estranged.
"Hon, is that our referral?", he asked.
OK, that's when I just started to bawl.
I asked Tammy one more question about age, gender and name. And I remember her mumbling something about
"She was admitted in March, but she was already a few weeks old, so her birthday is in January, her name is D......, and she's healthy!"
bawl bawl bawl, I gave the phone to Jesse.
I have no idea what they were talking about. I was so pleasantly shocked and unprepared,I could just stand there and grin and bawl.
A girl, 9 1/2 months old. Healthy, I didn't expect that AT ALL since we were open to some Special Needs or correctable Special Needs. A healthy 9 1/2 months old baby GIRL!!
It finally happened. The moment we so long waited for. It's been over 15 months since we started that process, we got USCIS denied TWICE, our Homestudy had to be written 3 or 4 times. It took 10 months to get our Dossier ready. And here we were, totally out of the blue getting OUR CALL.
GOD has been so good too us!!
Jesse talked to Tammy for a few more minutes and Tammy said she was going to send us her report right away. She wanted too schedule a meeting, but Jesse just hung up on her (we called back later, lol)
2 minutes later we had her files in. SHE'S ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! We are so blessed. She looks a lot like Benaiah with the full lips and her eyes, which I was very surprised with, are not big and round, they're ASIAN shaped!!!!
In her referral picture she wears a pink short skirt and a light pink woolen jacked. She's so precious.
We're already so in love.
We're still beside ourselves on how good GOD has been to us.
Thank you Jesus for another precious gift from you.
11 comments:
Congratulations! So happy for you. Baby D. and the Hazelet family are so blessed to be on the road to forever family! Your life is so busy anyway, I always enjoy reading your adventures & sometimes forgot you were waiting - of course I know you NEVER did. So glad that part is over and now you have this exciting news and oh so many happy things coming up. God bless you all!
Isn't it amazing? Always when you least expect it, the most wondrous things happen. She sounds beautiful! We are so happy for you!
Praise God!!
That is SO AWESOME! So happy for you guys. I can't wait to see her! How long will it be now??
Holli
Congratulations! Such great news!
What a great story!!!!!!! And so much better than a call back about car parts. LOL!!!!!!
I'm so happy and excited for you. Can't wait to follow the rest of your journey and see pictures of your beautiful baby girl.
CRYING! and this is the best gift ever to take to China with us.
Thank you Hazelets!!!! We love you and your new baby.
Hope BC is feeling better!
yay! congratulations!!!! can't wait to hear more!
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED READING ALL THE DETAILS!!!!!!!!! HUGS
Mel~
I'm in! :-) Thanks for sharing your WONDERFUL news! Many many blessings to you and your family.
Angie
Mel,
This is wonderful news! Funny, how so much comes to us when we aren't waiting. Let down that gaurd or that want or need, for just a moment and look what happens! I can't wait to see her little face and hear more about her. She sure sounds precious...
How long now? Not sure about this country's court process or waiting period. COngrats to your entire family!
Post a Comment