Friday, 10 July 2009

365 DAYS


365 since we made the initial contact with our agency for adoption #3. 365 days ago we had just sent our dossier to Taiwan for adoption #2 and thought we had to wait at least 12-18 months for a referral and then another 5-7 months before travel (we expected close to two years to complete our Taiwan adoption). So Jesse and I decided to do a concurrent adoption. Who would have thought that one month after we started for #3 we would get a referral from Taiwan? We were for sure we'd have #3 home before #2, but i guess you can never really plan nor predict the path in international adoption. We were for sure #3 would be home by now, but who would have thought that it would take almost ONE year to get our dossier for #3 ready (huge issues with immigration) and that Taiwan, after predicting a good one and a half year wait for a referral would cough up a baby boy in a month? Anyhow, we're excited we have gone that far and so far we have been excited for ONE year on what GOD will have in store for us for adoption #3.

Mel:" God, a referral would be nice today. God, I'm really ready for a referral - this wait sucks!"
God:" Be still and know that I am GOD!"

Godspeed, Gods timing. HE will grant me patience.

On a side note: it has been 6 weeks since we started the wait (Dossier to country)

2 comments:

Julie and Dean said...

WOW I didn't realize you have been working on adoption #3 for a year already. I feel a referral coming soon...

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

You just never know what God has planned! :) HE KNOWS our kids and when its time its time! :)

Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com