Monday, 1 February 2010

So....

the papers for immigrating back into Germany never came in. Matter of fact, they never made it to their destination in the first place. It looks like the oh so most important documents got lost in the mail. I called German Post office last week and I got a rude apology on how it must have gotten lost, but since we "only" send it "door to door with tracking number" and not "secured" we're screwed. If we would have sent it "secured" we would have gotten some money back (like 50 bucks), but I really don't care about their cash, those important documents didn't make it there, sigh. Now what? The flight is in less then 2o hours.

Here are our plans. Jesse will go to the embassy first thing in ET and have them issue him a new set of documents that he will overnight express to the SOFA office in Mannheim. We then await "SOFA" to print a card that gives us access back to Germany. Now that would be PlanA. PlanB is cancel our return flight and fly directly to the states, immigrate and then fly back to Germany. Neither way, I have this odd feeling that Sunday will not be our Forever Family Day, it may be middle of next week sometimes, ugh.............same ole story, just like the last 2 times, sigh.

3 comments:

Sandra & Steve said...

oh, i hope its not so...praying.

MommaT said...

Praying for you all!

Alisha said...

I can't believe all of the roadblocks you are facing! Praying that everything works out and that you and Jesse don't completely stress out!