Sunday, 31 January 2010

Last Minute Items

Well, we finally got around today and bought a mattress for the crib!!! Ugh.......no comment please. Most expecting parents set up their nursery half a year prior to the arrival of their children, and then there is us. I'm surpirsed we did get a mattress before the baby comes home. I already saw us coming home from the airport after 20+ hours of being tortured on flights and layovers , and stop at a store to buy a mattress, ha ha.

My friend Carmita took me to the ethic hair section and gave me about a good 30 minute education on products - THANK YOU so much, you're a hair-saver!!!! Felt a bit overwhelmed since I never paid close attention to ethic hair products and was a bit amused to read some funnies every once in a awhile, like "mayonnaise gel, carrot something", etc........

I have the feeling I will have to call my friend many times, bawling over our daughters hair, lol. My friends husband even chuckled and said to me, " Your daughters hair will be your new full time job.", something I really didn't need to hear, lol.
I can't even braid my daughters hair, and the ponytails look like a "Pisa Tower", but we will see. Maybe we will go "al naturale" and pull a Jacko from the 70's.

We also finally got around and purchased bottles, nipples, and a pick-up outfit - isn't it cute? We bought one before ( 9 months), but she has outgrown it by now.

HOLY COW - 36 more hours!!!!!!



Last Minute items

5 comments:

Alisha said...

I'm pretty sure Minerva has that exact same dress! I'll have to take a look tomorrow. What size is Yochana wearing now? M. can still wear 12 month clothing, but she mostly wears 18 month (hand-me-downs from my sister).

Mel said...

how funny - did you buy it on the economy in vienna or have it shipped from the states? we bought it on base today.
i have no idea what size she wears. we took a 9 months when we visited her in november and it was way to small. she's huge so i assume she's in size 18 months now?? we haven't gotten any updates from her since 30th of November and at that point she already had 20 pounds.
what hair products do you buy? does the vienna economy carry ethic hair products?? i've never seen any in german stores.

Ruth said...

Prayers for you all - for safe travels, wonderful memories and a smooth transition.

Debbie said...

I just added a hair care blog to my blog list. You'll have to check it out.

I'm starting to obsess about Naomi's hair. I know I'll need to wait until we get home to figure out what is going to work best on her hair and it's going to be awhile before I'll need to do anything with her hair, but I'm obsessing none-the-less.

Cute dress!!!!

Alisha said...

The dress was a gift from the U.S. From Kohl's, I think. I also bought hair care products while we were in the U.S., so I haven't looked here. I think I can get them at an ethnic store that primarily carries items from India and Africa. Since Vienna is such a multi-cultural city, there are probably a lot of things available here that aren't available in the rest of the country.