Thursday, 17 December 2009

To Post Pictures or Not to Post Pictures??

Lately people from Ethiopia and passing court have been asked NOT to post any pictures of their babies publicly until their home. We don't want to risk anything, but I will gladly send you her picture in a private e-mail, just let me know. I already send out a bunch of e-mails with her pics attached (because NOW WE LEGALLY CAN!!!), but I may have not send one to YOU yet, lol.

And have I mentioned how super excited and thankful we are that we have passed court yesterday - praise the LORD!! Yesterday was more of a blur and when the phone rang at 6:05 p.m. last night with an "Out of Area" call, I hesitantly picked up the phone and prepared myself for a conversation like " We're so sorry, but there was some paperwork missing, we need to re-schedule", like they have done so frequently with other waiting parents in the past.

How relieved was I to hear our case manager from our agency start with

"Congratulations AGAIN, you passed court, she's now legally yours."
(insert medium to immense bawling here, lol - from my side of course)

As for now, we're looking into flying the first part of February. From what I understood in my frazzledness (sp), the Embassy appointments are now somewhat 6-8 weeks out and "they" (I guess the embassy) wants the files (with passport, immigration papers) sitting on their desk at least 2 weeks before we have the physical embassy appointment. If that is a new rule, I don't know, but I'm not complaining. This adoption has been taking 1 1/2 years so far, whats another 7 weeks? On another note, the flights and hotels are dirt cheap during February. Ethiopia celebrates Christmas in January and tickets and hotels are triple in price. I checked Expedia yesterday and a flight with the Emirates and a hotel for 4 days would cost my hubby with baby $ 1300 (for both, with breakfast). If we'd have to fly in January it would be around $2,800 and up.
Well anyhow, we're super excited, thrilled and immensely thankful on how God has blessed us once again.

2 comments:

MommaT said...

In the embassy paperwork sent by Dove it says we cannot post pictures until we sign for custody in Ethiopia...I didnt know until I read that part....BTW I am so excited for you all to have your chunky baby girl soon...:):)

Ruth said...

I've been offline for a bit - swamped with work and the holidays, and look at this wonderful news that I missed! CONGRATULATIONS!! If you would send a pic, I would love to see your beautiful girl!! rfhans @ gmail .com.