Saturday, 3 October 2009

More Rambling.....

...or maybe I should have posted this blog entry as:
"This woman needs some serious vacationing/On the top of the Embarrassment Mountain".

We went for our weekly shopping last night and the whole family was gone for over 4 hours (my highlight of the week, lol). You may wonder "What has that blog entry to do with Adoption"? Oh, it will come, the whole story.........

We got back at 8 p.m., the kids were tired, babies were hungry and the groceries were many. We started to unload the truck, kids, etc etc....

Ge the whole scenario - baby is following me every step, whining, demanding some food, Tarisa found a few already unpacked grocery bags, tied them around her feet and continuously said " Oh, mom shoe, oh mom shoe, look, mom shoe, hahahaha.", while "skating" over our tiles. Two wild boy getting in cow boy gear jumping over grocery bags shooting at each other.

I checked the phone. SEVEN missed calls!!! I got my hopes up - I put in the dialer history and promptly had our agencies number show up THREE times. is this it? Have they tried to call us to let us know we have a referral??? I told Jesse and he told me to call them back right away. I tried, but couldn't get through (happens often when overseas). I gave the phone to him and he managed to get through. He told one lady at the agency that he was returning a call. The lady on the phone wondered and told us nobody has called from their agency today, but maybe their social worker tried to get a hold of us with a question, since he's the only one she couldn't ask right now, since he was out of the office.

Strange really strange. When we hung up I showed Jesse the caller history and he giggled and said, that we have two caller histories. One caller history out, one caller history in.........., sigh. I pushed the wrong button, for caller history OUT. And indeed we did call the agency two day ago two or three times to talk to them about a few things. And NO, this is not the top of the embarrassment, lol
Jes showed me how to check the caller history "IN" and we found out later that the person tuning our piano was in the area, and he tried to get in touch with us so he could swing by to tune our piano.

In the meantime, kids are still skating over the tiles, baby following me every step, "peng, peng,peng" goes the two boys with their guns, Jasmin asks me every 6 seconds on where to put what grocery item, I try to find the frozen goods to put in the freezer, try to prepare two baby meals, try to find the frozen pizza to put in the oven for dinner, still falling over 35-40 grocery bags that are pathed all the way from the entry way to the kitchen..............sigh. Quick check - nope, no child has stuck their head in one of the plastic grocery bags yet......

Where was my hubby in all of this? GONE. "Wonderful" I thought, "Every time things go wild, men have the audacity/liberty to just take their new magazine and 'disappear' to the can and come out once the storm has calmed".

I opened the kitchen door and blasted out, all loud and proud:
" JES, JESSSIIEEEE! Ugh, please don't' tell me you're pooping right now!!!!!"

Nothing, silence. "Fine", I thought with a bitter undertone, "I just do it ALL by myself".


Less then 2 minutes later Jesse walked in with the phone in his hand. I realized a bit of a puzzled look on his face, and maybe a little bit of "reddishness", lol.

"Did somebody call? I sure didn't hear the phone ring!" I asked.

"Nope, Hun, nobody called, but I called the adoption agency back to leave a courtesy message on their answering machine, to let them know about our mistake over the caller history, and all the sudden you blast out if I was on the pooper."

"Oh, could you hear me?"

"Hun, who COULD NOT!!!!!"


that's pretty much how I felt :-(

6 comments:

Jennifer Cheer said...

That is hilarious! Don't feel bad. We all have our moments. Thanks for the giggle!

Mel said...

you know, people change agencies for various reasons, lol. i think i found mine. i just cannot live with the thought that once they listen to the AM, my big mouth screams in the background, checking whether my hubby is on the pooper or not, ugh, lol.

Debbie said...

ROFL!!!!!

That is priceless!!!!!!!

I have no doubt that they will get a big laugh out of that one.

Alisha said...

So funny! I hope you get a call from the agency soon with GOOD NEWS!

MommaT said...

Thats awesome..you will make their day. And I am pretty they all go to the bathroom:) They probably don't get funny messages very often:) Hang in there the real call will come......

Sandra & Steve said...

Well, that's one way to get noticed, you're not just another client to them now! ;0)