In the window+one day, and a very vivid dream last night.
Woke up this morning and thought I need to write this down ASAP before I forget:
I dreamed we already had a referral and it was time to pick up our newest addition. Jesse drove me to the airport and I was flying by myself (that would never happen in real life, since he's the American and would have to deal with all the immigration paperwork). I got on the plane and realized their strange seating arrangement. The rows were nicely spread out, the seat belts were 5-points and there was a bucket at the end of every row. I asked a stewardess if I would have to stay buckled in that seat for the next 6 or 7 hours during our fight, and why there were buckets on the end of each row. She politely answered, that their one of the newer planes, and the plane ride will only take 2 hours, be very bumpy and people always throw up due to the high speed and turbulent ride.
At the airport I was picked up by a tall, skinny, very Italian stylish looking guy. He had his shirt open and his chest hair sticking out (wah wah). I didn't want to go with him, but realized quickly, that I had very limited options. I got in the car with him (the car looked very much like one of those huge models they drove in the US back in the 70's). We took off, but the driver would not move over to the right lane. I wondered if he was drunk, and it seemed like there were cars flying everywhere. It reminded me a lot of a NYC Freeway drive, just on the opposite side of the lane. The whole drive was a roller coaster ride, but somehow we made it to the orphanage.
I was greeted by a very pretty orphanage director. I was the first one there, but she told me she was expecting two more PAP's (prospective Adoptive parent, for those unfamiliar with the adoption jargon). Another couple walked in and a single Mom. We all sat down and the orphanage director gave us a brief description about the orphanage and the country. She mentioned we will see animals we normally won't see in our country, and as I looked out the window I saw a little dinosaur fly by (I played dinosaur with Caeden that morning, no wonder those creatures showed up in my dream, he he). The director smiled at me and said they don't have flying dinosaurs, but the African heat and air must be getting to me.
We sat in a pretty decent sized room and one part was kitchen area, the other part more like an entry way, and every once in a while a kid would peek in to see what was going on. They had the most beautiful smiles.
The director took us over to a shelving unit and showed us several kinds of bottles. She instructed us this was the only thing we could drink while here. It all looked like '"San Benedetto" sweet tee to me and I wondered if that wouldn't dehydrate us if we'd only drink tea during our stay. She said it was water, it is purified and safe to drink, they just couldn't figure out yet on how to get it to look clear (yikes). I came across a newspaper and it had an ad for cars offered for 43,000. The cars looked very antique, but the director said that was the only vehicles they'd be driving over here. New cars don't get shipped to their country. I asked her why they were so expensive, but she told me it was their currency, and that amount would equal about $400.
It was time for our babies to come in. A nanny showed up with a baby girl. She carried her on her arms, but her face was facing a direction that would not allow me to see her face. She handed me my baby and I got to hold her for the first time. She had her head on my chest and I had her hair sticking in my face. I held her hand and played with her tiny fingers (Ahhhww, I can't wait). She had beautiful hair, very short, curly and had some kind of oil in it. I tried to lift up her chin to see her face, but she would not let me.
The orphanage director instructed us to go to our guest house now, put the babies down for a nap and bring them back to the orphanage later on that evening. For some odd reason we had to take a boat to the guest house, which was less then 5 minutes away. We all sat in the boat and I saw the other adoptive parent's baby's' face, but haven't seen my babies face yet. My baby still had her face dug in my chest.
On the boat we were given the childrens' files (sounds very Vietnam'ish, doesn't it, lol). I tried to read a bit, but was very busy holding my new baby, and only got to the first few lines. It stated:
The baby's name is "JO" (but not spelled like the Americans do it reads "YO") and she was abandoned.................We arrived at the shore and guesthouse (shared a room with the single Mom). I took my new baby into the guesthouse and thought I'd just finish the file while she's asleep. Baby and I laid down on a very cozy, huge African style bed (babies head was still on my chest) and we both fell asleep.................
BEEP BEEP BEEP....................end of dream end of story, thanks to my lovely alarm clock going of at the most inconvenient time, I still haven't seen my daughters face yet......grrrrrrrr.
We briefly talked to our agency last night, just to hear their viewpoint on the current happenings in the country we're adopting from. They said as of now there's no reason for a concern and we're very far into the process, and that countries don't shut down from one day to the next. They also said, that the courts will re-open very soon and although the courts were closed, referrals have been coming in very regularly, but it will pick up more again, once the courts are reopened.
We still don't have a name for the baby, but I may look into some names to day that start with "JO" and/or "YO", lol.
We had names picked out a few months ago, but we just couldn't come up with an agreement.
On another note. I woke up two morning ago after an unrestfull night and only a few hours of sleep, when it really hit me. I so didn't want to get up and at first I was in denial that I have any children, hah! A few minutes later my thought process evolved into, I may have children, but I don't care if they go to school today or miss their bus, I cannot move - yawn, yawn.
What kind of mother am I??? I felt really guilty and knew that if i wouldn't get my rear out of bed in the next two minutes, our 6 year old would miss breakfast and go to school without food. I dragged myself down stairs and that's when it hit me:
Soon we will have 6 children!!! 5 of them age 6 years and under!!!!!! In the biological world that would be like being pregnant, and popping a child out for 5 years in a row.
6 children - 5 of them 6 years and under. Will I survive, lol? I need to digest on that a bit, BUT on the other hand I have the great assurance that GOD will never give us more then what we can handle.
Sorry, no country fact today:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, what a detailed dream. Glad you recorded it. So interesting that you never saw her face...
by the way, you are too funny, you just NOW realized you'll have 5 children 6 and under, ha ha!
Neat dream...BTW as you know biog families are awesome!! The more the merrier. You are a great Mom and will still be a great Mom to one more:) Thanks for the encouraging words from the agency, it made my day!
Post a Comment