Thursday, 1 October 2009

Rambling Thoughts and Feeling a bit Special Today


It's October - maybe this month??? October sounds like a good month for a referral, doesn't it? Yesterday a couple from our agency received their referral of two babies (4 months and 6 months), they were on the waiting list a bit over 5 months.
Thinking of my friend Julie who so hopefully thought by September they would be picking up their precious son from China. September came and passed and still no travel news for them. Julie, October sounds like "our" months for good news. Praying for you girl and F. to come home quickly.

I opened my e-mail this morning and found an e-mail from our agency. It stated something about Newsletter, so I thought it was the monthly Newsletter they have sent out ( I really don't funcion 100% in the a.m., lol). I opened it to find the followiing:

Dear Jes and Mel,

during our conversation the other day regarding J**** response to the allegations being made against C** you made some good points and had some wonderful thoughts. I was wondering if you would be willing or able to write a brief letter that we could share with families in the Newsletter. I thought you would be a great voice as you have adopted from multiple countries and of course are adoptive parents. Families are always eager to hear another Adoptive's family perspective....


I still cannot believe it is October!

3 comments:

Sandra & Steve said...

What a flattering request, you should do it!

MommaT said...

We will be waiting to hear what you have to say:)

Julie and Dean said...

Oh my gosh that is awesome. I can't think of anyone better than you to write about adoption.
Mel, October IS our month!!!