
in this never ending adoption process. This week I don't feel whiny like last week, this week I just want to pull my hair out, lol.
Lots of happenings so in and around the adoption world. Good news first, two parents from our agency received their referrals of their babies last Friday (age 3 months and 6 months) after a 5 month and one week wait.
Last night I received an e-mail from our agency that stated :"Hi from ***."
I knew it was not a referral since the agency said they would ONLY call once a referral comes in, everything else communication wise will happen via e-mail. First I thought "Oh, here we go, they need more paperwork, things are fixing to expire". Luckily it was not so. They just checked in with us to see how we were doing and holding up with the wait.
Our letter for the Newsletter is not going to be published (yet), since they still have investigations going on in Ethiopia, they decided it was not a good idea to publish it right now.
What else is there to say? We're past 4 1/2 months of waiting. Even if we do go all the way up to the referral window, that is less then 6 weeks away.
For those interested in following along the current Ethiopian investigations and happenings, here are a few links:
http://www.jcics.org/Joint%20Council%20Summary%20Statement%20-%20Fly%20Away%20Children%20-%20Beyond%20The%20Truth.pdf
http://www.jcics.org/Ethiopia.htm
And the video that started that whole mess:
http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2009/s2686908.htm (click "PLAY VIDEO" on that page)
No comments:
Post a Comment