Friday, 4 September 2009

14 Weeks

since we were put on the waiting list, and whose the "Pessimist" that put "Not before 2010" in my voting poll? I don't want to wait that long!!! Show yourself!!! Hahaha, just kidding.

Change of heart....wasn't sure whether to write that down or not, but decided to go ahead. I spend several hours last night in conversation with God, and He slowly is starting to reveal why "The Wait". When we first started this process I felt this urgent knock on our hearts to start adoption process #3, and after a few months of 'arguing' with God that this is not possible (financially was my main reason) we found out "God is bigger then we are" and started for #3. My heart was in it, but not the way it was supposed to be. I thought "Oh cool, oh yeah, another little baby would fit our family really well"............Wrong answer. This is not where God wanted me to be. This is my/our daughter we're talking about. He put this aching desire in my heart to love, long, care and provide for another daughter - this will be our daughter, not just another child that will fit well in this family. I had to grow up, grow Godly in this adoption journey and after all "give this whole adoption to our Lord". The wait is frustrating and it is OK to still complain about the long wait time, but it's not OK to let it get to me. It's Gods timing and once again I have to put my trust in Him about His perfect timing. After all there's nothing I can do or change about the whole situation anyways.

2 comments:

Sandra & Steve said...

Beautiful post. Really made me think, thank you.

Jesse said...

Isaiah 55:7-9 says "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I Love you so much, Baby! Keep your eyes on Him!

Your husband.