Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Wednesday Adoption Fact # 59

Lately, when I've been reading other Prospective Adoptive Parent's Blog, who use the same agency and country, I saw an increase in the waiting times for referral. Recently most of them have been either pushing the referral time window (6 months) or have been slightly over ( 7 months 1 weeks). We have been waiting 3 months, IF we do go all the way up to the end of that window that would put us at the end of November, blah.

We went on a road trip yesterday and when we came home late at night we had a phone number on our caller ID that was from the states and unknown to my husband (not his relatives). It showed 5** and I knew our agencies number started with a 5 are code so for a quick moment I had my hopes up. Found out quickly it wasn't so :-(




Found these shirts - I think they look great. I may get one still to help me during this wait time, lol.


2 comments:

Julie and Dean said...

I had to laugh about your phone comment. I have done the same thing. Our agency's area code starts with a 3 so whenever I see that my mouth goes dry.
Love the t-shirt. hang tight. Your day is coming.

Sandra & Steve said...

No, I hope you don't get pushed back - do like the t-shirt though.