Why is adoption SOOOOO expensive???
Since this blog is set on private I thought I'd share some of the cost that explains why adoption REALLY is so expensive (our current adoption is one of a less expensive one, Vietnam and Taiwan were about 35-40% more expensive, but anyhow).......
The Green shows what has already been paid and the Red are the upcoming costs:
100$ Application Fee
3,000$ Start Up Fee (Agency operation Costs, References)
670 $ USCIS (Immigration Fees)
1,400$ Homestudy
500$ Doctor Reports, Authentications, Paperwork (all kinds of certificates, translations etc etc)
5,500 $ Dossier Processing and Preparation, Legal Expenses, Agency operation, Orphanage donation, Authentication Fees in Washington
4,250 $ At Acceptation of Referral ( Attorney Fees, Translations, Processing Fees, Humanitarian Donations)
1,000$ Post Adoption Deposit (will get reimbursed after 3 Homestudy visits)
5,000+$ Travel Cost, (have to fly twice, first for visit and then for pick-up; requirement in order to immigrate back into Europe)
750$ Lodging, Food
400$ Child Visa
(these costs do not include the Post Placement reports 3x $ 380 and Jesse's trip to the US in order to immigrate our new child which is around another $ 1000 for both to travel)
There is a lot more dinky stuff I haven't listed f.e. DHL shipments, some paperwork I needed from the Germans etc etc...
Voila, that is why adoption is so expensive. I have a list that is more detailed, but it gives a general idea on WHY is costs so much.
Now, we gladly would pay another $ 4,250 if we wold just have a referral come in :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sigh.
Post a Comment