Sunday, 1 March 2009

And Sometimes Impatience Kicks In

Gods timing, God has a certain child set aside for us and yet, I constantly wonder and get aggravated by people and papers, agencies and files aren't moving fast enough. 10 days ago I wrote to our agency ONE simple question and once I didn't get an answer after 6 days I resent the e-mail (in case it didn't make it through, hah), just to find out to wait another 4 days without having an answer. So for 10 days I've been sitting here not knowing whether that paper needs to be filled out a certain way or since there may be an issue, can cause an issue or problem (who works for the military and has over $80,000 net worth, nuh not us - kinda issue). So it would have been nice to know by now - I guess. And here I am again complaining, knowing GOD is in control and that HE is actually THE ONE that "drags" (if you see it from God's perspective -Gods timing) out that whole process just a bit longer then what I (foolish me) expected it to be.
We have a confirmed Multicultural Humbug (Education - liberalized) Class confirmed on the 13th or March in the afternoon. What will they teach me? 2 multicultural children plus one multicultural child equals 3 multicultural children??? hah, did I not know.
And how hard is it for a social worker to answer ONE stinking question if ONE specific extra piece of paper was requested from her at a different agency to get our Dossier in order (I would have requested it myself, but it just doesn't work that way since we need social workers original signature). Did I mention that I really needed that specific piece of paper 3 times (as it was requested by ME) - NOT twice, three times and yet I only get 2!!! And after 3 e-mails of questioning if this extra paper was requested over a period of 3 weeks the answer is still NON-Existing?
I don't know if it is us being overseas and the competition among the social workers isn't' very high, BUT to wait for an update of a Homestudy for over 6 months is somewhat ridiculous - and then everything boils back down to GOD has set a specific child aside for us and if it means to wait 6+ months for a Homestudy, take Extramultiblablaba Classes and wait weeks or months for a 3rd document so be it. OK, I let it all out now and somewhat feel much better! Yup, adoption isn't just like looking through a catalog and pick out your child ( I actually know people who believe this is how it happens. This one is for Julie. One of my family members had that delusional idea when we adopted our 2nd child that I went online and ordered him like amazon.com or jcp.com, hah), pay some cash and fly next week to pick up your child. Nope, it doesn't work that way. Adoption is time consuming, intrusive, expensive, nerve wrenching, patience testing and seems never ending, BUT in the end it will all be worth is.
I may not know now, but praise God for delays since He has His perfect plan.

1 comment:

Julie and Dean said...

OH I HEAR YA MEL! Laughed at the amazon.com comment (it's either that or I'd cry).
Honestly, if I was 10 years younger I would go back to school to be a social worker so I can help families adopting. I would be the type of social worker that I needed during our first adoption but never really had.